Eine neue Studie aus England unterstreicht nochmal, was alle außer konservativen Kopfimarschhabern schon lange wissen: Legalisierste Hanf, gibt's ordentlich Asche in die Steuerkasse. No shit, Sherlock! Die Studie wurde übrigens von einer ganzen Gruppe aus Wissenschaftlern, Experten und Polizeikräften angefertigt, die gleich auch noch einen Legalisierungsplan mitliefern:
Under the plans proposed by the expert panel:
- Adults would be able to buy cannabis from licensed single-purpose stores modelled on pharmacies, like the marijuana dispensaries operating in Oregon and Colorado.
- Home-cultivation of cannabis would also be legal for personal use and small-scale licensed cannabis social clubs could be established. However, branding, promoting or advertising cannabis products would be banned.
- The price, potency and packaging of all sold cannabis would be controlled by the Government with a new regulator established to oversee the market. The price would disproportionately rise for higher-strength cannabis to discourage sales of the most harmful forms of the drug.
- Both drug production and sales would be taxed, raising, the panel claims, between £500m and £1bn a year. However, unlike some countries that have legalised cannabis, the panel does not come out in favour of ring-fencing the revenue for drug treatment, prevention and harm reduction.
- A new regulator would be established to oversee the market, possibly modelled on Ofgem and Ofwat.
The experts behind the study say legalisation would reduce drug-related crime and mitigate the harmful effects of the drug on users.