4. George Lucas originally intended this two-second clip to be the entirety of The Phantom Menace, but investors eventually made him make a two-hour movie around it.
10. When Princess Leia tells Han Solo she loves him in The Empire Strikes Back, Harrison Ford’s now-iconic response, “If you love Han Solo, honey, you’ll worship Harrison Ford,” was improvised. […]
12. There’s actually an actor inside R2-D2, and his name was coincidentally also R2-D2. […]
15. George Lucas has said that he got the idea for the AT-ATs from seeing an elderly woman crawling around on her hands and knees and vacuuming the floor with her mouth.
16. The iconic opening credits were created by spray-painting letters onto a moving sidewalk and shooting them at an angle.
17. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca all can’t read.