– Nieman Lab: For news organizations, this was the most important set of Apple announcements in years: „A new Flipboard-clone with massive potential reach, R.I.P. Newsstand, and news stories embedded deeper inside iOS — it was a big day for news on iPhones and iPads.“
– Apple: About Publishing on News
– Das Filter: Apple Music ist da – Streaming kann so oldschool sein
– heise.de: Apple Music: Streaming-Dienst mit menschlicher Vorauswahl
– Everything Apple Tried to Kill Today at WWDC 2015
– Swift 2.0
– heise.de: Apple Swift 2.0 wird Open Source Power & Money
Inside Mosul: What’s life like under Islamic State? „The minimum punishment is flogging, which is applied for things like smoking a cigarette.“
- China is building the most extensive global commercial-military empire in history
Technology & Science
Mars-Sonde findet Glas – Hoffnung auf Spuren von Leben
- Is Richard Dawkins destroying his reputation?
– Black Hole Hunters: „Aiming to make the first portrait of the hungry monster at the center of our galaxy, astronomers built ‘a telescope as big as the world.’“
Fraunhofer Optics Could Make Augmented Reality Specs Thinner
– Facebook and Google are out of the space race
– Music that looks great on an oscilloscope! Audiovisual album + software.
– Can’t Code? This iPad App Will Easily Let You Make Your Own Video Game
– Critics say that a new study linking creativity and mental illness is lacking
– congratulations to team DRC HUBO for winning the 2015 DARPA robotics challenge
– Seven ways humanists are using computers to understand text.
PlayScanner comes with three plush toys for children to scan. An LCD monitor reveals cartoon images of a brain, heart, stomach, and lungs.“
– Ihr habt wahrscheinlich die Story der alten Schultafeln gelesen, die die gefunden haben. Das History Blog hat die kompletten Hintergründe:
1917 blackboard lessons found in Oklahoma City school
Colored chalk may have first been used in class by James Pillans, Scottish classicist, educator, reformer and an early adopter of blackboard technology. He apparently had his own recipe for making colored chalk out of ground gypsum, porridge and dyes. Some sources also grant him the honor of having been the first to strap together individual slates to make one large enough for front-of-the-room usage, but that’s almost certainly apocryphal. Pillans was an undergraduate at Edinburgh University when Baron used his slate board and in fact actively resisted becoming a teacher until 1810 when he was elected Rector of Edinburgh High School and began to teach Greek, Latin and classical geography.
“Mister Playmobil” ist tot: „Als er der Welt seine Spielwaren präsentierte, wurde er belächelt, später bewundert. Nun ist Horst Brandstätter gestorben. Milliarden Playmobil-Figuren überleben den Zirndorfer Unternehmer.“
Lego Printer printes Lego
– Sheer luck and LEGO delight Entertainment
JK Rowling hints Fantastic Beasts movie will reveal 'American Hogwarts'
– PUNK’D (Or Something Just Like It) To Hit The Big Screen
– High-Def Leech Monsters: Resident Evil 0 Trailer - ‘Daredevil’ Showrunner to Resurrect ‘Akira’ Movie at Warner Bros. Art & Design
– „483 Lines is the latest installation by Seoul based studio Kimchi and Chips (Elliot Woods and Mimi Son) and is comprised of
483 nylon threads with projections calibrated in 3D to the 16m threads using Rulr, an open source node-based toolkit developed by the studio“:
Launching: SUPERFLUX Magazine, Issue 1
– GRAPHITE BRAIN HEART
– Marian Bantjes on barbed wire and its collectors.
– Art of the Rolling Stones: Behind That Zipper and That Tongue
– „I watched 50 westerns and compressed them into single frames of form and light“.
– Pantograph Imagines Gadgets From A Parallel World