David Lynch hat heute den Teaser oben gepostet, die dritte Twin Peaks-Staffel ist damit offiziell und läuft 2016 auf Showtime. Die dritte Season wird aus 9 Folgen bestehen, alle werden von Lynch und Frost geschrieben und David Lynch führt bei jeder einzelnen Folge Regie. Fuck Yeah!
Zum Casting ist noch nichts bekannt, es gerüchtet, dass Kyle MacLachlan schon an Bord wäre. Alles andere wäre jetzt auch 'ne Überraschung und es würde mich wundern, wenn die alte Cast nicht komplett zurückkehren würde.
Zum Plot schreibt Deadline: „The new Twin Peaks will be set in the present day, more than two decades after the events in the first two seasons.“ Was so ungefähr dem entspricht, was bereits vor zwei Jahren gerüchtet wurde:
- Season 3 is set the same amount of time since it has been since season 2
– Lynch wants to be very hands on with the project but the executives were very open about how “unusual” his tastes were. They seemed a little on edge about him tackling it alone
– Lynch wants most of the cast back
– The Story would resolve around the fact that Cooper is still in the lodge, and a young (female!) reporter will basically uncovered the truth behind Twin Peaks, BOB, and the lodge.
– Since season 2, bad Cooper has been in Prison in another state for the murder of 2 Twin Peaks residents. He didn’t know which ones yet. It seems since season 2 bad Cooper went on a Rampage. Everyone still thinks it’s the real Cooper.
– Lynch was adamant that the show opens by recreating the first red room scene in season 1. This takes place in modern day, and was a hint that Cooper would be trapped within the red room.
Deadline hat noch ein Interview mit Mark Frost:
DEADLINE: The series is still called Twin Peaks. Will it be set in Twin Peaks?
FROST: It’s safe to say that things will happen in Twin Peaks that you’ll see. Not necessarily all will be there but yeah, we are going to call it Twin Peaks, so I think that speaks for itself.
DEADLINE: Which characters from the original series will make a return?
FROST: I think the fans would like to see and we would like to see as many of the old familiar faces as possible and a lot of new faces as well. We are going to keep that in mind as we start to work and hopefully everybody’s story will get some attention. […]
DEADLINE: The original series ended with a cliffhanger. Will we find out what happened to Agent Cooper in the woods?
FROST: One of the things we always did when talking about the series is, we didn’t tell people what to think about it or say that there was one definite way to interpret anything. We always felt it was best to let the story speak for itself and also let the intelligence of the viewer contribute to what they thought was going on. So I never like to answer questions too specifically, David is sort of the same way. Having said that, I think there will be a lot of things that people have wanted to know over the years that if they pay close attention, they are going to be satisfied.