Gepostet vor 4 Jahren, 4 Monaten in
Jack White hat anlässlich des Record Store Days einen 1947er Voice-o-Graph restauriert und in seinem Third Man Record Store aufgestellt, mit dem Teil kann man 6"-Vinyls gegen Münzeinwurf aufnehmen.
On Saturday, April 20th, Jack White and Third Man Records will unveil their Third Man Recording Booth, a refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph machine that records up to 2 minutes of audio and dispenses a one-of-a-kind 6" phonograph disc to the user. Whether it be a song, a message to a lover, an audio postcard or just the curiosity of a process that has mystified so many folks for ages, the ability to "hear yourself as others hear you" is not only a tagline here...it's an invitation, a charge, a call to arms.
Heute erscheinen anlässlich des Plattenladentages jede Menge… Platten, mein Favorit ist die Sub Pop 1000-Compilation, gleichzeitig der Release zum 25jährigen Bestehen des Labels: „25 years of going out of business“.
Sub Pop 1000 is comprised entirely of unreleased and exclusive tracks, and will be available digitally and on dazzling, colored vinyl in a limited edition of 5,000 copies. The vinyl will include an 11"x11" booklet and an MP3 download coupon. Sub Pop 1000 was inspired by our landmark 1986 compilation, Sub Pop 100, which championed artists such as Sonic Youth, Wipers and The U-Men. Sub Pop 1000 is our gift to you, patient benefactor, for your unwavering devotion in the face of occasionally wavering good taste.
01. His Electro Blue Voice "Kidult" (Como, IT)
02. Chancha Via Circuito "Lacandona" (Buenos Aires, AR)
03. Protomartyr "French Poet" (Detroit, MI)
04. Lori Goldston "Tangled North" (Seattle, WA)
05. Iron Lung "A Victory for Polio" (Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA)
06. Soldiers of Fortune "Money" (Brooklyn, NY)
07. Peaking Lights "Subterranean Brainblow" (Los Angeles, CA)
08. Ed Schrader's Music Beat "Radio Eyes" (Baltimore, MD)
09. My Disco "Guided" (Melbourne, AU)
10. Starred "Doomed" (Los Angeles, CA)