Gepostet vor 6 Jahren, 4 Tagen in
Hübsch! Spam Radio verwandelt Spam Mails (leider nicht die eigenen) in einen Audio-Stream: „Using a complex arrangement of pipes and funnels we turn the junk mail that we receive into a streaming audio broadcast that can be enjoyed from anywhere on the Internet.“
Turning junk email into a listenable broadcast is a multi-staged process, using a number of different technologies. Here is a summary of the process we use:
- Junk email arrives at our mail server, causing the wheels of spamradio to begin turning
- The junk mail is processed, taking care to break various MIME encodings and HTML formatted text into plain text.
- The plain text file is then split into smaller chunks and fed through a text-to-speech engine. This yields a number of small audio files.
- The audio files are assembled into one large file, and the resulting sound wave is mixed with the background music.
- The final output is then encoded using mp3 and inserted into the live audio stream.