Bei DIYLife gibt's eine einfach Anleitung, um aus alten Platten diese absolut supercoolen Vinyl-Buchstützen zu machen.
What you need:
- Two vinyl albums
- Enough hot water to fill the sink or a container and cover the bottom half of the album
- Felt (or other fabric) to glue onto the base, to avoid scratching furniture
- Rubber gloves (for safety's sake! I didn't wear these, but you might want to.)
What you do:
- Boil lots of water to pour into the sink or the giant pan.
- Dip the album into the water up to the bottom of the label, making sure your outside label is straight.
- Start bending the album as it softens.
- Take a utensil, and flatten the edges that are in the water as they start to ripple.
- Remove the right angle album from the hot water and continue to flatten and smooth the bent end.
- Cut a piece of felt to fit on the bottom of the album, and glue it to the bottom.
- Add these unusual bookends to your shelf, and enjoy the immortal life of the once dominant vinyl LP!